Get Ready for School
Develop independence in a fun parent and child group
Develop confidence and independence with:
- Toileting and personal care
- Pre-writing skills
- Motor skills needed for using pencils and scissors successfully
A fun parent and child programme aimed at children due to start school in September 2016 or 2017:
- Work towards independence with dressing.
- Encourage self-feeding and pick up tips for using a knife and fork.
- Develop independent toileting, hand washing and personal care.
- Pick up tips for developing the motor skills needed for using scissors and pencils successfully.
- Develop pre-writing skills.
- Learn more about the skills expected of children on entry to Reception Class.
These groups are parent and child sessions and are aimed at children without identified difficulties or diagnoses. However, all sessions are adapted to meet the needs of the individual children attending and we welcome children with additional needs.
Next group starts on 23rd February 2016 in South Woodham Ferrers. There are currently no Hornchurch groups organised but please register your interest below to be informed when sessions are planned.